There are several parts that are consistent in every business letter. Below is a format of what comprises a business letter.
- Heading: In the heading you will include the address and date of writing
- Address: This will include the person you are writing to, his title, name of his company and address
- Salutation: This should be placed two lines lower that the address. Dear Sir/Madam is ideal when you do not have the actual name of the addressee.
- Body: This is where you state the reason for the letter. It should be straight to the point and preferably 3-4 paragraphs
- Closing: To end the letter, use the word “sincerely” which is 3 lines below the body. Skip four lines then place your name and below it place your signature.
You can use letter templates found online to come up with professional letters.